Here's where we share our news, hints, tips, and other useful information
Gas Safety Week
21 Sep 2018
Epic Heating is proud to support Gas Safety Week 2018 (17th – 23rd September) an annual event to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a highly poisonous gas that can kill quickly with no warning, as you cannot see it, taste it or smell it!
5 things to check
Here are 5 key checks to help keep you and your family safe;
- Check your gas appliances every year.
Gas appliances should be safety checked once a year and serviced regularly by a Gas Safe registered engineer. If property is rented it is the landlord’s responsibility to arrange this.
- Check that any engineer you use is Gas Safe registered and qualified for the type of work you need doing. You can find this information on the Gas Safe Register website, or check the back of your engineer's Gas Safe ID card.
- Check for warning signs that your appliances aren’t working correctly, such as lazy yellow /orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance, a pilot light that keeps going out and too much condensation in the room.
- Check you know the six main symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
- Check you have an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.
If you have any concerns please give us a call. Our engineers are Gas Safe registered and can legally service, repair and install boilers and gas fires, as well as provide Gas Safety certificates for landlords. To find out more about Gas Safety visit https://gassaferegister.co.uk
Back to news